The secret weapon in your glass cleaning arsenal
Renovation is an important part of glass cleaning and maintenance. It removes proteins that cannot be removed by normal cleaning. It reduces the chances of a lack of head retention, poor lacing, spots and streaks and etching.
Even if you are using the best glass washing system, with the best in water softening technology with the best detergents and rinse aids on the market you will still need to renovate your glasses at regular intervals to retain the quality.
The only downside to the renovation process is the time it takes in an already busy schedule, but that’s about to change.
The pros and cons of renovation products
Up until recently, there were two types of renovation products on the market – powder and liquid. They share the same con in that if they are overused they damage glassware as they both contain aggressive chemicals.
Whereas powder renovation products are less harsh the liquid product is quicker to use. Both lengthen the lifespan of glassware.
There’s a new kid on the block
A new product line has been introduced which could make all the difference to the hospitality industry. A liquid detergent and renovator combined.
Having a combined product effectively forces renovation with every wash and the liquid is designed to be used as a normal detergent.
The advantages of a combined product are:
- It stops the build-up of proteins, yeasts and chemicals that cause poor head retention and inadequate presentation.
- Low caustic formulation, so doesn’t erode the surface of the glass or damage the nucleate
- Lengthens the lifespan of glassware
- It’s particularly useful for establishments where renovation is not part of the normal scheduled maintenance routine.
- There’s a big time saving on not having to renovate separately, it all happens in the normal wash cycle.
- It also does a lot for the glasswasher. It keeps it sterile and stops the risk of cross-contamination.
There has been a lot of positive feedback from those who have made the switch with reports of perfect presentation at the point of dispense.
Definitely worth considering.
For advice or guidance on area of bar or cellar hygiene email email@example.com